Katy Perry - Part of Me

Katy Perry dressed in camouflage shirt and hat with camaouflage paint on her face

Music


Katy Perry’s “Part of Me” official music video made its debut on MTV this week.

Unlike most abstract cheaply produced music videos this live action video actually tells a story.

Young woman discovered her boyfriend cheated on her. She breaks up with him and joins the Marines. When Katy donned her camouflage uniform it reminded me a little of the movie Private Benjamin. However, Katy totally went all out G.I. Jane.
She cut her own hair in a bathroom at a gas station. Went through rigors of basic training. Even fired a machine gun. You go Katy Perry!

Reports state that Katy Perry put herself through boot camp to train for the video, which was filmed at Camp Pendleton. Video does indeed feature real Marines.
Katy Perry said this about her “Part of Me” official music video:

“It’s an affirmation of strength. So I wanted to go the strongest route I ever could. Literally, I was like, ‘I’m gonna join the service. I’m gonna join the Marines… This music video, as much as I was sore and exhausted, I was so educated on people in the service who I’ve always respected, but this time the respect goes beyond and above anything I could’ve imagined.”

Did it have anything to do with her recent divorce with Russell Brand? Katy Perry scoffs at the idea since the song was written two years ago.

The message of Katy Perry’s “Part of Me” official music video is clear:
  • Improvise
  • Adapt
  • Overcome
Marine all the way, baby!

Original Social Bookmark Stats:
Facebook 0 | Digg 0 | Tweet 2 | Stumble 15